Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, and the average user rating for the Beretta 85FS Cheetah pistol.
The 85FS Cheetah sports plastic grips and is chambered in .380 ACP for those who prefer the light recoil and report of a higher caliber, smaller pistol. Very accurate out of the box, its ambidextrous safety is easily accessible by the thumb for right- or left-handed shooters.
- a high-strength nickel-chromium-molybdenum steel barrel with a hard chromed bore for longer life;
an open top slide designed to virtually eliminate jamming and stovepiping;
- a firing pin block;
- fast, sure target acquisition from standard three-dot system. Notched rear sight is dovetailed to slide. Blade front sight is integral with slide;
- an ambidextrous safety;
- a reversible magazine release. Button to accommodate right or left handed shooters;
- an anodized alloy frame offers superior corrosion resistance. Matte black finish is non-reflective;
- a combat-style trigger guard. Provides support for a two hand grip and offers an enlarged opening for easy access with gloves; and
- a double action trigger. The first round is full double-action mode, and the second and all subsequent rounds are fired single-action.
Note: the 84FS Cheetah and 85FS Cheetah are the same except for their magazine capacity. The 84FS carries 13+1, while the 85FS carries 8+1. The 84FS may be slightly wider, too. —eds.
|.380 ACP||8+1||6.77″||3.81″||4.8″||1.37||23.3 oz., unloaded|