Summary: The description, specs, pricing and photos of the CZ Shadow 2 pistol.
The CZ Shadow 2 is a CZ 75-style semiauto pistol built on a steel frame with a steel slide, and chambered in 9mm. It’s CZ’s next-generation Shadow, and CZ says it incorprates the best features of prior Shadow pistols while including a number of enhancements. New features include:
- A higher beavertail and undercut trigger guard to allow your shooting hand to move closer to the gun’s bore axis (and hopefully thereby enhance recoil control);
- a contoured slide that centers more mass near the bore axis to reduce muzzle flip;
- increased weight at the dust cover/rail to reduce muzzle flip;
- an extended, cold hammer forged barrel;
- a swappable, adjustable, extended magazine release button with three settings;
- wider, angled cocking serrations front and rear;
- new trigger components that CZ says provide smooth double-action pulls and crisp, clean single-action pulls while reducing trigger reset;
- an Arcor nitride finish supplemented with either a black or urban gray polycoat;
- thin, checkered aluminum grips (either blue or black) that match the pistol’s fine frontstrap and backstrap checkering (you can reportedly get fuller rubber grips, too);
- a black HAJO notch rear sight that’s click-adjustable for elevation and drift-adjustable for windage; and
- three magazines.
Standard/hold-over features include:
- An ambidextrous, frame-mount thumb safety;
- a firing pin block safety;
- a safety stop on the hammer; and
- a 1mm fiber optic front sight.
The Shadow 2 reportedly meets IPSC’s Production Division guidelines.
|9mm||19+1, 17+1||8.53″||4.89″||n/a||n/a||46.5 oz.|