Summary: The description, specs, pricing and photos of the Glock 17 Gen5 pistol.
The Glock 17 Gen5 is, like its close relatives the 17 Gen4 and 17 Gen3, a semiauto striker-fired pistol built on a compact polymer frame with a steel slide, and chambered in 9mm. Standard features include three-dot fixed sights, a trigger safety and a tactical rail.
The 17 Gen5 differs from the Gen4 in several aspects, including:
- No finger grooves on the front strap;
- a flared mag well;
- an ambidextrous slide-stop lever;
- a rounded/de-horned muzzle;
- rear-only slide grip serrations;
- an nDLC finish; and
- a Glock Marksman Barrel, which feature improved rifling and a match crown;
Like the 17 Gen4, the Gen5 still includes:
- a multiple backstrap frame
- a reversible magazine release catch (either flat or extended);
- an accessory rail; and
- a dual recoil spring assembly.
The 17 Gen5 will reportedly accept Gen3 and Gen4 magazines.
|9mm||17+1, 19+1, 33+1||7.32″||4.49″||1.34″||5.47″||23.99 oz. w/empty mag|
MSRP: $699 (with standard white dot/outline sights)
MSRP: $799 (with Ameriglo sights)