Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the H&K USP pistols.
H&K says features favored by U.S. law enforcement and military users provided much of the design criteria for its USP (Universal Self-loading Pistol). The controls are uniquely American, influenced by such famous designs as the Government Model 1911 pistol.
All USPs use a fiber-reinforced polymer frame stiffened by stainless steel inserts at areas subject to stress and friction. The USP control lever, a combination safety and decocking lever, is frame mounted and quickly accessible, unlike the slide-mounted safeties common on many semi-automatic pistols.
Using a modified Browning-type action with a patented recoil reduction system, the USP recoil reduction system is designed to reduce recoil effects on pistol components and also lowers the recoil forces felt by the shooter. This same recoil reduction system has been tested in the HK Mark 23 pistol developed for the U.S. Special Operations Command. The USP recoil reduction system is insensitive to ammunition types and requires no special adjustment or maintenance. It functions effectively in all USP models.
The modular design of the USP’s internal components allows the control lever function to be switched from the left to the right side of the pistol for left-handed shooters. The USP can also be converted from one type of trigger firing mode to another. This includes combination double-action and single-action (DA/SA) modes and double action only (DAO) modes.
The USP is available in nine trigger/firing mode configurations and three calibers: 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.
- Corrosion proof fiber-reinforced polymer frame
- Polygonal bore profile for increased velocity, easier cleaning, and longer barrel life
- Can be converted to any of nine trigger firing modes
- Corrosion resistant “Hostile Environment” blued finish
- Oversized trigger guard for use with gloves
- One piece machined slide made from nitro-carburized steel
- Universal mounting grooves for installing accessories
- Ambidextrous magazine release lever
- Extended slide release
- Patented Lock-Out Safety device
- Variant 1: Double action/single action with “SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.
- Variant 2: Double action/single action with “SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.
- Variant 3: Double action/single action without “SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.
- Variant 4: Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.
- Variant 5: Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.
- Variant 6: Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.
- Variant 7: Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
- Variant 8: Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
- SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY
- Variant 9: Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.
- Variant 10: Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.
|.40 SW||13+1||4.25″||7.64″||1.26″||5.35″||1.7 lbs., unloaded|
|9mm||15+1||4.25″||7.64″||1.26″||5.35″||1.57 lbs., unloaded|
|.45 ACP||12+1||4.41″||7.87″||1.26″||5.55″||1.73 lbs., unloaded|
|Heckler & Koch Usp (Impact Guns)||