Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the Smith & Wesson SD40 VE pistol.
The Smith & Wesson (S&W) SD40 VE pistol is built on a black polymer frame with a stainless slide and barrel and chambered in .40 SW. This VE model is slightly different than S&W’s original SD40 model. Reportedly, with the VE the company has removed some of the premium features found on the original to lower the price. Features removed include the melonite finish on the slide (it’s now stainless) and the tritium night sights (the VE offers a standard white three-dot arrangement).
Features retained include:
- an 18-degree point of aim;
- striker fired action;
- a self-defense trigger (SDT) for optimal, consistent pull first round to last;
- a picatinny-style rail;
- a slim, ergonomic, textured grip;
- a textured finger locator;
- aggressive front and back strap texturing; and
- front and rear slide serrations.
|.40 SW||14+1, 10+1||7.2″||4″||1.29″||22.7 oz.|
|Smith & Wesson Sd40 Ve (Able Ammo)||