Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings for the Springfield Armory XD(M) 5.25 Competition pistol.
Springfield Armory has developed a competition version of its XD(M) pistol with a 5.25″ barrel. Chambered in 9mm and built on a polymer frame, the XD(M) 5.25 Competition includes several features requested by professional shooter Rob Leatham, including:
- A fiber-optic front sight;
- a lightening cut in the slide designed to reduce the slide’s reciprocating mass to allow faster cycling and allow a large variety of loads to be used; and
- a low-profile, adjustable rear sight.
The 5.25 Competition also retains the features common to the XD(M) line:
- A loaded-chamber indicator;
- a striker-status indicator;
- a grip safety;
- Springfield’s Ultra Safety Assurance trigger system, with a short reset;
- a triple-position picatinny rail;
- magazine extensions to personalize the grip length;
- interchangable backstraps;
- ease of disassembly (you don’t have to pull the trigger);
- an easy-to-access magazine release;
- a match-grade barrel;
- a contoured, textured frame for maximum grip; and
- numerous, deep and long slide serrations.
The magazine holds 19 rounds. Available finishes include black and bi-tone.
|9mm||19+1||5.25″||8.3″||n/a||5.75″||29 oz. w/empty mag|
|.45 ACP||13+1||5.25″||8.3″||n/a||5.75″||32 oz. w/empty mag|
|.40 SW||16+1||5.25″||8.3″||n/a||5.75″||29 oz. w/empty mag|