Wilson Combat‘s Vickers Elite is a 1911-style semiauto pistol built on a full-size carbon steel frame with a full-size, forged carbon steel slide, and chambered in .45 ACP or 9mm. The company says Larry Vickers, a retired U.S. Army Special Forces soldier and current pistolsmith, competitive shooter, industry consultant and trainer, designed the pistol with his preferred options.
Its other features include:
- A stainless steel match-grade barrel with a thick flange bushing and a flush-cut reverse crown;
- a flatwire recoil spring;
- a fluted barrel hood;
- a 30 LPI high-cut checkered frontstrap;
- a Bullet Proof round butt magazine well;
- a bobbed High-Ride Bullet Proof beavertail grip safety;
- a tactical Bullet Proof thumb safety;
- a 3.5–3.75-lb. crisp trigger pull with a medium-length pad;
- a Bullet Proof magazine release;
- G10 Vickers Elite logo grips;
- a countersunk slide stop;
- a heavy machine chamfer on the slide’s bottom;
- a Battlesight rear sight;
- a gold bead front sight;
- a single-side safety (an ambidextrous safety is optional);
- 30 LPI slide-top serrations to reduce glare;
- 40 LPI serrations on the slide’s rear;
- wide front and rear cocking serrations; and
- ball endmill cuts.
In addition, the Vickers Elite includes a magazine with Vickers’ design elements. Its features include:
- No holes in the magazine’s side to reduce debris ingress;
- One hole in the slide’s rear to indicate when the slide is fully loaded;
- molded grooves into the follower’s sides to reduce friction and to give room for the follower to slide past debris inside the tube;
- a flatwire spring;
- a slightly longer tube to ease seating the magazine when the slides is fully forward; and
- an enlarged steel baseplate designed to allow you to pull a stuck magazine out while wearing gloves.
Each pistol features the Vickers Tactical logo on the slide. Wilson Combat says the only allowed upgrades include an ambidextrous safety, a choice of front sight and a deluxe hand-polish blued finish.
Video: Click here to see Larry Vickers present and shoot the Vickers Elite.
|.45 ACP||8+1||5″||8.7″||5.6″||1.3″||37.9 oz empty, 47 oz. loaded|
|9mm||n/a||5″||8.7″||5.6″||1.3″||37.9 oz empty, 47 oz. loaded|
MSRP: $3,850 (.45 ACP)
MSRP: $3,960 (9mm)