Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, and the average user rating for the Beretta PX4 Storm Special Duty pistol.
General description for PX4s
The Beretta Px4 Storm pistol is built around a modular concept that a pistol can be adapted to different needs and modes of operations, without compromising on ergonomics and the renowned Beretta reliability and performance.
Manufactured in three calibers—9mm, .40 SW and .45 ACP—the Px4 Storm uses an exclusive Beretta designed innovative locked-breech with a rotating barrel system, the strongest action to date.
The light yet durable frame employs modern thermoplastic technology through the use of technopolymer reinforced fiberglass. Modular structure, ergonomics and interchangeability of parts make the Px4 Storm the ideal firearm for law-enforcement use, as well as personal defense.
- Accessory Rail: The frame of the Px4 Storm has an integral Picatinny MILSTD-1913 rail for rapid attachment of tactical lights and laser aiming devices.
- Slide: The sides of the slide are smooth and offer snag-proof insertion and removal of the pistol from its holster. The front and rear serrations on the slide facilitate slide operation and safety control in both wet or dry conditions.
- Visible Automatic Firing Pin Block: The front part of the firing pin is blocked from any forward movement until the trigger is pulled completely back. The block is located rearward, far away from the fouling and debris of the breech face. Since the block is visible, the user may ascertain its proper operation at any time. Even if the pistol falls and strikes the ground muzzle down, the firing pin will not strike the primer.
- Three-Dot Sight System: Features a white ‘3-dot’ sight pattern for quick acquisition of the target. The rear sight is designed to provide a front projection so that, in an emergency, the user may retract the slide single-handedly by pushing the rear sight against the edge of a table, door, etc.
- Ambidextrous Safety (Type F): The ambidextrous safety lever, easily accessible by the thumb or a right or left handed shooter, is spring loaded so it’s either positively “on” or “off”. The safety lever also functions as the pistol’s decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin (striker) is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. (NOTE: Type C does not have an external safety/decocking lever). Additional hammer drop catch (half cock notch) prevents striking of the firing pin unit in the remote chance of unintentional hammer drop.
- External Hammer Design: A traditional feature of Beretta pistols, this design provides the most energy to the firing pin, virtually eliminating the possibility of misfires due to light primer strikes. Also provides an immediate visual and tactile indicator as to the cocked/uncocked status of the pistol.
- Individual Size Grips: Pistol may be configured with small, medium or large backstraps to individually fit the hand of each shooter. The backstraps are checkered to ensure a firm grip in both wet or dry shooting conditions. Three backstraps included with every pistol.
- Reversible Magazine Release: Multiple-sized, reversible magazine release buttons allow for customization to the individual’s hand size. Small size comes standard on the gun, while medium and large buttons are available as accessories and easy replacement. Each size may be positioned for right-handed or left-handed use.
- Simple Field Stripping: Pistol is designed for extremely quick and simple field stripping. Disassembly latch does not remove from the gun, preventing accidental dropping and loss. Reassembly is easy and accidental misassembly of parts is prevented by the distinctive design.
- Light Technopolymer Frame: The light, yet durable, frame employs modern thermoplastic technology through the use of Corrosion resistant fiberglass reinforced polymer.
- Barrrel: The Px4’s unique rotating barrel and locking system dissipates recoil energy radially, reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise. This is the strongest Beretta pistol action. Chrome lined barrels provide extreme corrosion resistance, as well as ease of cleaning. Barrels also feature a deeply recessed combat muzzle crown to protect the rifling.
The PX4 Storm Special Duty
The Special Duty (SD), chambered in .45 ACP, was developed to meet the very demanding requirements of the original 45 caliber JCP (Joint Combat Pistol) specifications issued by SOCOM.
The SD features:
- Superior weather resistance: Utilizes state-of-the-art materials and finishes capable of withstanding the toughest weather and military conditions.
- Magazine: Three magazines are provided with each pistol, one 9-round flush and two 10-round extended magazines. All feature special PVD corrosion resistant and high-lubricity finish.
- Dark earth frame: As specified by SOCOM, the SD features a distinctive “dark earth” colored frame and backstraps.
- Barrel: Extended barrel, suitable for threading.
- Tactical case: Heavy-duty custom fitted waterproof case. Dark earth color.
- Included accessories: Two additional backstraps and magazine release buttons. Flush hammer spring cap. Compact cleaning kit with lubricant oil.
|.45 ACP||9+1, 10+1||8.2″||4.6″||5.7″||1.4″||28.6 oz., unloaded|
To search for this handgun at 20 online stores, type the above title into the search box and click “Search.”