Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, pricing, photo and user ratings for the Canik55 TP-9 SA pistol.
Canik55‘s TP-9 SA is a semiauto handgun built on a black polymer frame with a steel slide, and chambered in 9mm. Unlike the original TP-9, the TP-9 SA features a single-action-only striker-fired system that requires cocking the gun before it will fire. The original TP-9 features a double-action/single-action striker-fired system that allows you to fire a de-cocked gun with a long double-action stroke. (Here’s the link to our in-depth review of the original TP-9.)
Other features include:
- A black-chrome-lined, cold-forged barrel;
- an ambidextrous de-cocker button atop the slide;
- angled, rear grip serrations on the slide;
- a loaded chamber indicator atop the slide;
- a trigger safety;
- no magazine disconnect safety;
- two interchangeable grip backstraps;
- texturing on the grip’s sides and raised nubs on the frontstrap and backstrap to improve grip;
- a picatinny accessory rail;
- a large, squared-off trigger guard;
- a reversible magazine-release button;
- a left-side slide lock lever;
- a white-dot front sight;
- a dovetailed, steel, two-white-dot rear sight that includes a ledge for one-hand cocking; and
- two Mec-Gar 18-round magazines.
The TP-9 SA comes with a poly holster, a paddle attachment, a belt attachment, a loading tool, a cleaning rod and a brush.
Note 1: The TP-9 SA’s trigger pull reportedly measures less than 4 lbs.
Note 2: Canik55 also offers a .40 SW version of this pistol, and a .40 SW version with the original double-action/single-action trigger system.
Note 3: Century Arms plans to import this pistol into the United States soon.
|9mm||15+1, 18+1||4.5″||7.56″||5.7″||1.4″||25 oz. without magazine|
[ds query=’+Canik55 +TP9SA’]