Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, pricing, photo and user ratings for Dan Wesson’s Mayhem pistol.
Dan Wesson’s Mayhem pistol is a 1911-style pistol chambered in .40 SW. Part of Dan Wesson’s new Elite series line of 1911s, the Mayhem is designed to compete in the Limited IPSC/USPSA division.
The Mayhem is based on an all-steel, hi-capacity version of the 1911 frame. The company says taking weight away from where you don’t want it and adding it to where you do want it was the first priority in designing this handgun. The 6″ bull barrel and the tactical rail add to the static “good” weight. The 6″ long slide provides added sight radius and the enhanced pointability, but that would add to the “bad” weight, so the 6″ slide has been lightened to equal the weight of a 5″ slide. The result: A 6″ long slide that balances and feels like a 5″ but shoots like a 6″.
Other features include:
- A Bo-mar style rear sight and a fiber optic front sight;
- a tactical accessory rail;
- a Schuemann match barrel;
- slide serrations forward and rear;
- custom competition G-10 grips;
- a Dawson ICE magwell or EGW competition magwell;
- an Evolution Gun Works Koenig Ultra Low Mass hammer;
- CNC-cut 25 LPI checkering;
- a Tri-Topped ultra light 6″ slide;
- two 18-round magazine’s with a removable base pad;and
- a hand-fit slide and frame.
|.40 SW||18+1||8.75″||6″||5.5″||1.45″||2.42 lbs.|
[ds query=’+Dan +Wesson +Mayhem’]