Summary: Ed Brown’s specs, description, MSRP and photos for its Classic Custom pistols, including the new Centennial model. Plus user ratings and comments!
The Classic Custom includes all the classic modifications. Known as our flagship firearm, this is our finest work. It has all the bells and whistles, and includes those extra enhancements that you don’t really need, but really want.
The unique slide treatment sets it apart from any other pistol. The sides of the slide are painstaking kept absolutely flat and true with crisp edges, and are then brought to a gorgeous mirror finish by hand to contrast and enhance the glass-bead finished frame. The top of the slide is flattened and finely grooved to provide a no-glare runway effect that naturally guides your eye to the front sight. The rear of the slide is finely serrated at 50 lpi to match the deep buried adjustable sight and eliminate distracting light reflection.
The frame of Classic Custom is finished in fine 25 LPI checkering. Also included as standard with the Classic Custom is the two-piece guide rod, and oversize magazine release button. Additional features include:
- A 5″ Government model slide, single stack government model frame. The John Browning traditional design for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.
- Weight: approximately 40 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted.
- 25 LPI checkering on forestrap and mainspring housing.
- Traditional “square cut” cocking serrations on rear of slide only.
- An adjustable rear sight buried deep into slide, cross dovetail front sight.
- A mag catch with an oversize 40 LPI checkered button.
You can get this pistol with a wide variety of options, including a stainless frame/stainless slide finish, a stainless frame/blue slide finish or a blue frame/blue slide finish.
Update, Dec. 10, 2010: In a tribute to the 100 year anniversary of the 1911 pistol, Ed Brown has developed a Centennial Edition of its Classic Custom. This model features hand relief engraving, and it’s offered for the year 2011 only. Other features include:
- A hand relief engraved package (includes flats of slide and frame, grip screws, and flats of thumb safety, grip safety, slide stop, and mag release);
- “Centennial Edition, 1911-2011” special laser engraving on left hand side of slide. “Custom by Ed Brown” remains on right hand side of slide;
- a custom rib on top of slide (top of slide is flattened, serrated, then relieved on each side to give the appearance of a raised rib);
- Tru-Ivory grips instead of wood grips;
- a jewelled barrel hood; and
- a special serial number starting with JMB prefix (signifies John Moses Browning).
MSRP: $6,995 (Centennial Edition)
|.45 ACP||7+1, 8+1||5″||8.7″||38 oz., empty|