The Ed Brown IPSC Edition is a full-size, 1911-style pistol built on a stainless steel frame and chambered in .45 ACP. Ed Brown says it offers the gun in collaboration with the International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) and will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of every pistol to IPSC to help IPSC fund its mission.
The IPSC Edition is based on the company’s Alpha-series gun. Features include:
- A 5″ government model slide;
- a single-stack government model frame without a light rail;
- a John Browning traditional design;
- Chainlink I treatment on forestrap and mainspring housing for secure grip;
- traditional square-cut grip serration on only the slide’s rear;
- a black, fixed rear sight;
- a green fiber optic front sight;
- double-diamond black G10 grips;
- an Ed Brown magwell;
- two Ed Brown eight-round magazines;
- the IPSC logo engraved on the slide’s right behind the cocking serrations;
- “40th Anniversary” engraved under the ejection port; and
- “DVC” engraved on the bushing.
You can order the IPSC Edition from Ed Brown from Dec. 15, 2015, through Dec. 31, 2016.