Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, pricing, photos and user ratings for the Ed Brown Krypteia pistol.
The Ed Brown Krypteia is a full-size, 1911-style pistol built on a steel frame and chambered in .45 ACP. The company built this limited-edition gun in collaboration with Krypteia Strategies, a military and law enforcement training company. Ed Brown says Krypteia Strategies gathered pistol-related information, feedback and opinions from military and law enforcement units, and then used that info to spec out this handgun.
- A 5″ government model slide with angled, front and rear cocking serrations;
- a 10-8 Performance u-notch, plain-black rear sight with a .156 notch;
- a dovetailed front night sight with high visibility white outlines;
- an Ed Brown oversized magwell;
- a VZ Operator II black grips with a thumb-relief cut;
- Ed Brown’s Chainlink II treatment on the forestrap and mainspring housing to enhance grip;
- a Gen4 bronze coating on the frame for low glare, improved rust protection and improved wear resistance; and
- Krypteia Strategies’ logo engraved on the slide’s right, and “Krypteia Edition” engraved on the slide’s left.
Ed Brown says all parts are fully machined from bar stock or forgings for maximum durability and precision fitting. The company will produce this pistol from Aug. 11, 2014 to Aug. 11, 2015.
|.45 ACP||7+1||5″||8.7″||38 oz. w/unloaded mag|
[ds query=’+Ed +Brown +Krypteia’]