The Ed Brown Special Forces SR is a 1911-style semiauto pistol built on a full-size stainless steel government model frame with a full-length stainless steel slide, and chambered in .45 ACP or 9mm. This pistol is based on Ed Brown’s standard Special Forces pistol, which we reviewed in-depth here.
Other features include:
- An integral light rail;
- a T-416 stainless steel, match grade, suppressor-ready barrel with a thread protector (thread size is 0.578×28 tpi on .45 ACP, and 1/2×28 tpi on 9mm);
- a 16.5 lb. recoil spring;
- a recoil spring guide and plug;
- a Trijicon RMR red dot reflex sight with a 3.25 MOA, adjustable for windage/elevation without tools;
- tall rear and front iron night sights;
- Ed Brown’s Chainlink III treatment on the backstrap, frontstrap and magwell housing to enhance grip;
- a fully blended magwell;
- a three-hole trigger with a 3.5–4 lb. pull;
- Front and rear square-cut cocking serrations on the slide;
- Black Sand G10 grips;
- a black Gen4 finish on the slide and frame for low glare, rust protection, and improved wear resistance (Ed Brown offers other colors, including stealth grey and battle bronze).
Ed Brown ships the gun with a spare magazine and a bushing wrench.
|9mm||n/a||5″||8.5″||n/a||n/a||40 oz. w/unloaded mag|
|.45 ACP||7+1, 8+1||5″||8.5″||n/a||n/a||40 oz. w/unloaded mag|
[ds query=’+Ed +Brown +Special +Forces +SR’]