Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings of the FNH FN 509 pistol.
The FNH FN 509 is a striker-fired pistol built on a black polymer frame with a steel slide, and chambered in 9mm. FNH says this gun is an evolved version of its FNS-9 pistol and the pistol it developed for the U.S. military’s modular handgun system (MHS) system. Other features include:
- An external extractor with a loaded chamber indicator;
- front and rear cocking serrations on the slide;
- a cold hammer forged stainless steel barrel with a recessed target crown;
- a polished chamber and feed ramp;
- a MIL-STD 1913 accessory mounting rail;
- a textured grip on all four sides;
- fixed three-dot luminescent sights (law enforcement models carry night sights);
- four safeties, including a trigger safety, a firing pin safety, a drop safety and a slide-out-of-battery safety;
- two interchangeable backstraps (flat and arched) with lanyard eyelets;
- an ambidextrous slide stop lever;
- an ambidextrous magazine release; and
- two 17-round magazines or two 10-round magazine, all of which feature a low-friction follower and a polymer base pad with a black finish.
FNH says civilian models will ship in early May, and law enforcement models will ship in June. It plans to offer models with a manual safety in the future.
The FN 509 ships with a manual, a locking device and a soft case.
|9mm||10+1, 17+1||4.0″||7.4″||1.35″||5.56″||26.9 oz.|
FN 509 Pricing & Shopping
More Photos, & Video
On camera: Check out Hickok45’s video review of the FN 509.