Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the H&K P30 pistols.
The Heckler & Koch P30 is a modern police and security pistol that combines function and safety. Available in 9 mm and .40 SW, with ergonomic features include a special grip frame with interchangeable backstrap inserts and lateral plates, allowing the pistol to be individually adapted to any user. Ambidextrous controls include dual slide releases, magazine release levers. Variants with a conventional double-action/single action trigger have a serrated decocking button located on the rear of the frame.
A picatinny rail molded into the front of the frame allows mounting lights, laser sights or other accessories. An advanced loaded chamber indicator positively indicates a loaded chamber. The P30 has a self-decocking, double action hammer with a firing pin block safety that eliminates the need for a manual safety.
An open notch rear sight with luminous (non-radioactive) contrast points is designed to provide fast and accurate target acquisition, even under poor lighting conditions.
Other features include:
- Corrosion proof fiber-reinforced polymer frame
- Polygonal bore profile for increased velocity, easier cleaning, and longer barrel life
- Multiple trigger firing modes
- Patented HK recoil reduction system
- One piece machined slide made from nitro-carburized steel
- Corrosion resistant “hostile environment” blued finish
- Ambidextrous magazine release levers and slide release
- Patented lock-out safety device
Note: H&K also offers a variant called the P30S, which features an external, ambidextrous safety lever.
The P30 Trigger Variants
- P30 (V0): Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurred hammer. Centrally located de-cocking button, with a constant enhanced double action only Law Enforcement Modification (LEM)* trigger pull of approximately 4.5 pounds (20 Newtons) without operation of the de-cocking latch, and defined let-off point.
- P30 V1: Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurrless hammer, without de-cocking button. Constant LEM trigger pull of approximately 4.5 pounds (20 Newtons) and defined let-off point.
- P30 V2: Like P30 V1 but with LEM trigger pull of approximately 7.3 pounds (32.5N).
- P30 V3: Conventional single action/double action (SA/DA) trigger without cocking piece in the hammer with spur and centrally located decocking button.
- P30 V4: Like P30 V1, however LEM trigger pull approximately 6.2 pounds (27.5N).
- P30 V6: Conventional double action only (DAO) trigger without cocking piece in the spurrless hammer. Constant DAO trigger pull of approximately 8.8 pounds (39N).
Not all variants available in some regions.
* also known as Combat Defense Action (CDA)
|.40 SW, 9mm||15+1||3.86″||6.99″||1.37″||5.43″||1.63 lbs., unloaded|
[ds query=’+Heckler +Koch +P30′]