Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, the average user rating, and pricing info for the Les Baer 1911 Thunder Ranch Special pistol.
Les Baer Custom says its Thunder Ranch 1911 is a serious, no-nonsense self-defense pistol conceived by Clint Smith, director of Thunder Ranch, one of the premier training facilities dedicated to teaching people how to survive in a tough, unfriendly world. Smith cares about good guns, and he wants his students equipped with reliable, accurate guns they might one day have to trust with their lives. That’s why Smith approached Les Baer about developing a dependable, combat-proven 1911 with which he and his students could feel completely confident.
So, Clint Smith specified the features he wanted, and Les Baer built it. The result is a distinctive yet practical 1911 that’s ideal for personal defense and a source of pride for the owner.
- Baer steel NM frame;
- Baer steel NM slide with front and rear serrations;
- Slide fitted to frame;
- Baer NM barrel with stainless match bushing;
- LBC deluxe fixed combat rear sight with Tritium inserts;
- Baer dovetail front sight with tritium insert;
- Lowered and flared ejection port;
- Baer checkered slide stop;
- Baer extended ejector;
- Combat extended safety (extended ambi for left handed shooters);
- Baer aluminum match trigger;
- Baer deluxe Commander hammer and sear;
- Crisp 4 lb. pull ;
- Baer tuned extractor;
- Baer beavertail grip safety with pad;
- High checkered front strap at 30 lpi;
- Flat checkered mainspring housing at 20 lpi;
- Beveled magazine well;
- Polished feed ramp and throated barrel;
- Complete pistol rounded for tactical use;
- Blued finish on complete pistol;
- Deluxe special slim line grips with thunder Ranch logo (not available with extended ambi safety) ;
- Three stainless steel seven-round premium magazines;
- Special Thunder Ranch logo engraved on slide; and
- Special serial numbers with “TR” prefix.