Summary:The description, specs, pricing and photos for Nighthawk Custom’s Centennial 1911 pistols.
Nighthawk says it designed its Centennial 1911s to adhere as closely as possible to John Browning’s original design while adding refinements developed down through the years that make it not just a safe queen, but a 1911 you can use.
There are two grades available: Standard Grade, and High Grade. The Standard Grade is an open edition that will close permanently on Dec. 31, 2011. The High Grade will be limited to 100 units and will come engraved with “1 or 100” on the slide.
These pistols feature extensive engraving, including:
- “We the People” on the left side of the slide;
- “United States Property” on the dust cover;
- the Great Seal of the United States of America on the right side of the slide;
- floral engraving on the front and rear of the slide, and
- a fine border line.
A staked front sight and two-dot rear sight come standard on both grades of this gun. For grips, Nighthawk includes both G10 OD Green grips and double-diamond checkered walnut grips.
Other features include:
- An original-style spur hammer that’s hand-modified on each gun to eliminate hammer bite;
- a medium match-grade solid trigger with a 3.5–3.9 lb. pull (black is available);
- traditional rear cocking serrations;
- a modified thumb safety that features a wider face than the original, and a tapered, elongated back for a more comfortable shooting grip;
- a black nitride finish;
- a match-grade carbon steel barrel;
- a complete dehorn and bevel treatment that removes every sharp surface; and
- either a flat mainspring housing or and arched mainspring housing (your choice).
MSRP: $2,895 (Standard Grade)
MSRP: n/a (High Grade)