The SCCY CPX-2 is a subcompact semiauto built on a polymer frame and chambered in 9mm. Features include:
- A barrel machined from bar stock with seven lands and grooves with a 16–1 right hand twist;
- a receiver constructed with 7075‐T6 aircraft grade heat-treated aluminum alloy, machined from bar stock;
- a grip/frame made from Zytel polymer with ergonomic finger grooves and an integral recoil cushion on the backstrap;
- an all steel recoil spring system, fully encapsulated for ease of disassembly and reassembly;
- a steel slide lock/release with a Zytel over-molded polymer extension for ease of operation;
- a three-dot sight system, including a steel rear sight adjustable for windage only with a locking screw;
- a double-action-only firing system with an internal hammer with an inertial firing pin to prevent accidental discharge if dropped, and a 9-lb. trigger pull;
- no manual safety;
- two double-stack, 10-round magazines with a finger extension base installed on each and two flat magazine bases included; and
- a trigger guard lock custom designed to properly fit and be child resistant (plus two keys).
SCCY Firearms carry a lifetime warranty that stays with the gun, not with the owner. SCCY says its pistols are manufactured and assembled in the USA.