Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings for the Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus revolvers.
Smith & Wesson‘s (S&W) Model 686 Plus is a revolver chambered in .357 Magnum, .38 Special and .38 Special +P. It’s built on S&W’s stainless steel, large-medium L-frame with a stainless steel cylinder. It differs from the standard Model 686 with a seven-round cylinder (the standard is a six-shooter).
Other features include:
- A satin stainless finish;
- a single-action/double-action trigger;
- a synthetic grip;
- a red ramp front sight; and
- an adjustable white-outline rear sight.
You can get it with a 2.5″, 3″, 4″ or 6″ barrel.
S&W now offers a Performance Center version of this revolver, the 686 Plus PC. Features include:
- A 2.5″, slab-side barrel;
- custom wood grips;
- a glass bead finish;
- an unfluted cylinder cut for moonclips;
- a chrome teardrop hammer;
- a chrome trigger with a stop;
- a precision crowned barrel; and
- a tuned action.
S&W also offers a Pro Series version, which includes:
- A 5″ slab-side barrel;
- a fluted cylinder cut for moon clips;
- an interchangeable front sight;
- a synthetic, finger-groove grip; and
- a satin stainless finish.
|.357 mag, .38 Special +P||7||7.5″||2.5″||34.1 oz.|
|.357 mag, .38 Special +P||7||8.18″||3″||36.8 oz.|
|.357 mag, .38 Special +P||7||9.56″||4″||38.9 oz.|
|.357 mag, .38 Special +P||7||11.94″||6″||43.9 oz.|
MSRP: $1,089 (the Model 686 PC)
MSRP: $989 ( Pro Series model)
[ds query=’+Smith +Wesson +Model +686 +Plus’]