Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380 pistol.
The Smith & Wesson (S&W) M&P Bodyguard 380 pistol is built on a black polymer frame with a stainless slide and barrel and chambered in .380 ACP. This gun is nearly identical to the previous model, the non-M&P Bodyguard 380, aside from two differences: The slide now features fish-scale serrations on the rear, and you can get it either without a laser sight, or with a built-in Crimson Trace red laser sight or a Crimson Trace Laserguard green laser sight (as opposed to the Insight laser sight in the original Bodyguard 380).
Features retained include:
- a hammer-fired, Browning tilting barrel mechanism;
- a double-action-only trigger with a second-strike capability;
- either a matte-black melonite finish on the slide, or a stainless, engraved finish;
- a dovetailed, drift-adjustable, stainless-steel front sight;
- a dovetailed, drift-adjustable, stainless-steel rear sight;
- a left-side external takedown lever and slide stop;
- with or without a left-side manual thumb safety;
- a left-side magazine release;
- an extended finger tab on the magazine for your pinky (a flat magazine butt plate comes with the gun); and
- an ergonomic grip.
|.380 ACP||6+1||5.25″||2.75″||.8″||12 oz.|
MSRP: $379 (without laser sight)
MSRP: $449 (with red laser sight)
MSRP: $519 (with green laser sight)
MSRP: $385 (engraved, no laser)
Check out our in-depth review of the original Bodyguard 380 at this link.