Smith & Wesson‘s (S&W) M&P22 Compact is a semiauto pistol built on a polymer frame and chambered in .22 LR. S&W says it designed this gun to combine the look, feel and familiar operating features of S&W’s centerfire M&P pistols, albeit on a reduced scale from the full size M&Ps (it’s 15% smaller). Features include:
- An aluminum alloy slide with rear grip serrations and a black hard coat anodize finish;
- a carbon steel, threaded barrel (3/8″x24) with a muzzle cap;
- a 5.8 lb. trigger pull;
- an ambidextrous manual safety;
- a picatinny style rail;
- a reversible magazine release;
- a magazine safety;
- an internal lock;
- a captured recoil guide rod & spring for easier assembly/disassembly;
- a white-dot, drift-adjustable front sight;
- a two white dot, screw-adjustable rear sight (for windage and elevation); and
- and two 10-round magazines.
|.22 LR||10+1||6.65″||3.56″||5.03″||1.48″||17 oz. with empty mag|
More info: S&W also offers a full-size M&P22, which you can read about here. To see a listing of all Smith & Wesson’s M&Ps, click here. To read an in-depth review of the S&W M&P45 Mid-Size, click here. To read an in-depth review of the S&W M&P40, click here.
[ds query=’+Smith +Wesson +MP22 +Compact’]