Smith & Wesson‘s (S&W) M&P9 M2.0 is a striker-fired semiauto pistol built on a polymer frame with a stainless steel slide, and chambered in 9mm. It’s the next-generation version of S&W’s M&P9 pistols (here’s a link to our v1 info page). You can get it with or without an ambidextrous thumb safety, and with either a 4.25″ stainless steel barrel or a 5″ stainless steel barrel.
Other features include:
- An 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim;
- four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach (small medium, medium-large, large);
- aggressive grip texturing for enhanced control;
- a newly designed crisp trigger with a lighter trigger pull than the previous version, and tactile and audible trigger reset;
- an extended, rigid, embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing;
- front and rear cocking serrations on the slide;
- a picatinny style rail;
- a reversible steel magazine release;
- a magazine safety;
- an internal lock;
- a captured recoil guide rod & spring for easier assembly/disassembly;
- a simple take-down lever for easy disassembly and maintenance, and a sear-deactivation lever so you don’t have to pull the trigger when disassembling the gun;
- a steel, post, white-dot front sight dovetailed into the slide;
- a steel, notch, two-white-dot rear sight dovetailed into the slide; and
- and two magazines.
You can buy the M&P9 M2.0 with either a matte black frame or a flat dark earth (FDE) frame. And you can buy it with either a black, nitride-hardened Armornite finish on the slide, or an FDE cerakote-covered Armornite finish on the slide.
The M&P9 M2.0 is reportedly backward-compatible with earlier M&P9 magazines, holsters and accessories. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty and a lifetime service policy.
On camera: Check out GunsAmerica’s video review of M&P M2.0 pistols.
|Caliber||Capacity||OAL||BBL||Height||Frame Width (no safety)||Weight|
[ds query=’+Smith +Wesson +MP9 +M20′]