Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, and the average user rating for the Smith & Wesson SW1911DK pistols.
For the ultimate competitive shooting pistol, Smith & Wesson offers the Doug Koenig Champion Series Model SW1911, designed in collaboration with Doug Koenig, one of the world’s most accurate pistol shooters. These models feature Doug Koenig’s Speed Hammer, Flat Competition Speed Trigger with Overtravel Stop, and a variety of other special features that deliver superior accuracy and performance. Available in .45 ACP and .38 Super.
The .38 Super features include:
- an oversize external extractor;
- a full-length guide rod;
- a competition magazine well extension;
- a crisp 3.5–4 lbs. trigger pull;
- 30 LPI frontstrap checkering;
- a Performance Center styled slide with two-tone finish;
- a competition vertical speed trigger;
- Logo Micarta grips;
- a hand lapped frame and slide; and
- a hand fit barrel and bushing.
The .45 ACP features include:
- an oversized magazine well;
- an ambidextrous safety;
- rosewood grips with Smith & Wesson silver medallions;
- an external extractor for extremely high reliability; and
- adjustable target sights.
MSRP: $1,477 (the .45 ACP)
MSRP: $2,694 (the .38 Super)
|.38 Super||10+1||8.7″||5″||42.8 oz. unloaded|
|.45 ACP||8+1||8.7″||5″||41.7 oz. unloaded|