Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings for the Springfield Armory EMP Champion pistol.
The Springfield Armory EMP Champion is a short-action 1911-style pistol chambered in 9mm or .40 SW. The 9mm model is built on a black anodized aluminum frame, and the .40 SW model is built on a carbon steel frame with a black Armory Kote finish. You can get either a standard-shape aluminum frame, or a bobtail aluminum frame (which Springfield calls the Concealed Carry Contour model). All frames carry a forged stainless steel slide with a satin finish, and a 4″ bull barrel. (Note: “EMP” stands for Enhanced Micro Pistol—ed.)
Other features include:
- A fully supported ramp;
- a dual spring and full-length guide rod recoil system;
- a loaded chamber indicator;
- rear slide serrations;
- a beavertail grip safety;
- an ambidextrous thumb safety;
- a long aluminum match grade trigger;
- either cocobolo grips on the standard frame, or black G10 grips on the bobtail frame;
- a lowered and flared ejection port;
- backstrap grip checkering;
- Posi Lock grip texturing on the front strap;
- a fiber optic front sight;
- a low-profile rear sight with two white dots;
- a beveled mag well; and
- three blued magazines with or without a slam pad.
On camera: Check out Hickok45’s video review of the EMP Champion.
|standard||9mm||10+1||4″||7.5″||5.5″||31 oz. w/empty mag|
|bobtail||9mm||10+1||4″||7.5″||5.5″||30 oz. w/empty mag|
Note: Springfield also offers smaller versions of this pistol, the original EMP.
[ds query=’+Springfield +Armory +EMP +Champion’]