Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the Springfield Armory EMP pistols.
The Springfield Armory EMP (EMP stands for Enhanced Micro Pistol) is a short-action 1911-style pistol chambered in 9mm and .40 SW. The 9mm model is built on a lightweight alloy frame with a black hardcoat anodized finish, and the .40 SW model is built on a forged steel frame with a black hardcoat anodized finish. Both carry a 3″ barrel.
Other features include:
- A stainless steel slide with either a black Armory Kote finish or a satin stainless finish;
- a fully supported ramp;
- a dual spring and full-length guide rod recoil system;
- a loaded chamber indicator;
- a bull barrel;
- low-profile three-dot tritium sights;
- a beveled mag well;
- a beavertail grip safety;
- an extended ambidextrous thumb safety;
- a long aluminum match grade trigger;
- thinline cocobolo grips (G-10 grips are optional and appear in the photo above);
- a lowered and flared ejection port; and
- three magazines with a slam pad.
|.40 SW||8+1||3″||6.5″||5″||33 oz.|
Note: Springfield also offers an EMP with a 4″ barrel, the EMP Champion.
[ds query=’+Springfield +Armory +EMP -Champion’]