Summary: The description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings and comments for the Springfield Armory Range Officer pistol.
Springfield Armory‘s Range Officer is a .45 ACP, 1911-style pistol built on a carbon steel frame and chambered in .45 ACP or 9mm. Springfield says that with the Range Officer, it attemped to create a pistol acceptable in many different types of shooting competitions. Springfield also says it’s built with the same precision as its Trophy Match and TRP models, but without some of extras that jack up the price.
Other features include:
- A 5″, stainless steel, match-grade barrel with a fully supported ramp;
- a forged carbon steel slide with a parkerized finish and angled, rear grip serrations;
- a parkerized finish on the frame;
- low-profile adjustable target sights;
- a long, lightweight speed trigger with a 5–7 lb. pull;
- two seven-round blued steel .45 ACP magazines, or two nine-round stainless steel 9mm magazines;
- a standard guide rod; and
- Cross Cannon double-diamond cocobolo grips.
|.45 ACP||7+1||5″||8.5″||5.5″||40 oz. w/empty magazine|
|9mm||9+1||5″||8.5″||5.5″||41 oz. w/empty magazine|
MSRP: $1,000 (for the 1–500 limited editions)
[ds query=’+Springfield +Armory +Range +Officer -Compact -Operator’]