Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings for the Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 Service 4 pistol.
Springfield Armory‘s XD Mod.2 Service 4 is a semiauto pistol built on a polymer frame with a steel slide, and chambered in 9mm or .45 ACP. This pistol succeeds Springfield’s original XD Service 4 with a number of new features (see below).
Standard features found on XD Service 4s include:
- a loaded chamber indicator;
- a striker status indicator;
- a grip safety;
- an accessory rail;
- the Ultra Safety Assurance (USA) trigger system;
- an ambidextrous magazine release;
- a hammer-forged barrel;
- no-tool disassembly; and
- point-and-shoot ergonomics.
New Mod.2 features include:
- A slimmed, contoured frame;
- a slimmer slide;
- a slimmed, contoured disassembly lever;
- a high-hand beavertail;
- a high-hand relief cut behind the trigger guard;
- more pronounced rear slide serrations;
- a three-zone grip texturing pattern with moderate texturing on the frontstrap and backstrap, aggressive texturing on the grip’s corners and light texturing on the grip’s sides (and the rest of the frame);
- a fiber-optic front sight;
- a low-profile, extended rear sight; and
- two stainless steel magazines.
You can get the XD Mod.2 Service 4 with either a black melonite finish on a forged steel slide, or a satin stainless finish on a stainless steel slide. And, Springfield offers either a black, gray or flat dark earth frame.
Springfield also offers a suppressor-ready model with a threaded barrel and tall sights.
|9mm||16+1, 10+1||4″||7.3″||5.5″||1.22″||27.5 oz. w/empty mag|
|.45 ACP||13+1, 10+1||4″||7.3″||5.75″||1.22″||30 oz. w/empty mag|
MSRP: $565 (black slide)
MSRP: $599 (satin stainless slide)
More reading: Robert Farago at The Truth About Guns has reviewed the XD Mod.2 Service 4.
[ds query=’+Springfield +Armory +XD +Mod2 +Service4′]