Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, the average user rating, and pricing info for the Taurus 800 Series pistols.
The Taurus 800 series pistol is built on a polymer frame and chambered in .45 ACP, .40 SW and 9mm. Available slide finishes include black tennifer and stainless steel.
The Taurus 800 series is derived from the Taurus OSS pistol designed for the U.S. Armed Forces, but adds an external hammer. It also features Strike Two capability; that is, if you have had a hard primer and the gun misfires, the 800 series senses this and automatically resets the trigger for automatic double action re-strike.
Other features include:
- Ambidextrous magazine release buttons;
- ambidextrous safety and decock levers;
- balanced spring pressure for quick cycle times;
- a stainless steel guide rod;
- a guided magazine well;
- three internal safeties;
- extended magazine bumpers;
- two double-stack mags with numbered witness holes;
- small, medium and large interchangeable backstraps;
- take-down levers for fast field stripping;
- a checkered grip;
- a picatinny rail system; and
- Novak sights.
|.40 SW||15+1||4″||8.25″||29.6 oz.|
|.45 ACP||12+1||4″||8.25″||28.2 oz.|
[ds query=’+45 +ACP +TAURUS +PT845 +12 +SHOT | exclude_merchants=10,11′]
[ds query=’+9 +MM +TAURUS +PT809 +17 | exclude_merchants=10,11′]