Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, pricing, photos and user ratings of the Turnbull Commander pistols.
The Turnbull Commander is a 1911-style semiauto pistol built on a carbon steel frame with a carbon steel slide, and chambered in either .38 Super or .45 ACP. Turnbull says the pistol is based on the 1920’s-era appearance of the 1911, if there had been commander-size slide and frame in production at the time.
Other features include:
- A commander-style, carbon steel hammer;
- a 4.25″ stainless steel barrel and bushing;
- a carbon steel beavertail grip safety;
- a solid carbon steel, one-piece trigger;
- dovetailed sights;
- two two-tone, seven round magazines;
- a hand-polished, charcoal blued finish in the same manner as an original early production vintage pistol;
- a circled Turning Bull trademark on the slide’s left behind the slide serrations;
- inspector’s marks from Doug Turnbull (Turnbull’s owner and founder).
American black walnut, hand-checkered, double-diamond grips come standard. Available sights include Novak-style tritium and Eliason-style.
[ds query=’+Turnbull +Commander’]