USFA and SASS have teamed up to produce the SASS Single Action revolver. Features include an Old Armory Bone Case and Dome Blue finish, an Old Armory Bone Case hammer, black hard-rubber checkered grips, a cross-pin frame, a square notch rear sight and a square front blade sight.
Also, each is marked with a special roll-engraved SASS name and SASS Marshal into the left side. Four calibers are available: .45 LC, .44-40, .44 Special and .38 Special. You can get it in three barrel lengths. 4.75″, 5.5″, 7.5″. A wide choice of grip options are available, including “US Ivory” (faux ivory) smooth grips, white hard-rubber checkered grips, and two-piece walnut grips.
You can get your SASS alias or SASS number hand engraved on the backstrap to further personalize your revolver. The SASS Single Action is also available in a Factory B engraving with the SASS Marshal engraved on the grip’s shovel. (The special roll-engraved SASS name and SASS Marshal into the left side is deleted when ordering the Factory B engraving.)
These revolvers are available only through SASS and are shipped and warranted through Long Hunter Shooting Supply, an official licensed dealer of USFA products. Long Hunter Shooting Supply also offers an action work package so you are assured your revolver is match ready as soon as you receive it. This work includes:
- Widening the rear sights from .108″-.140″;
- cutting the forcing cone to 11 degrees;
- giving the trigger a crisp, no-creep pull;
- replacing the factory flat hand spring. (The frame is drilled and a Ruger style coil spring is installed for reliability.);
- replacing the factory main spring with a Lee’s Gunslinger flat spring for a smooth, reliable cocking motion while maintaining a quick hammer drop; and
- replacing the factory flat trigger/bolt spring with a wire spring for added strength.
|.45 LC, .44 Special, .44-40, .38 Special||6||4.75″||n/a||n/a|
|.45 LC, .44 Special, .44-40, .38 Special||6||5.5″||n/a||n/a|
|.45 LC, .44 Special, .44-40, .38 Special||6||7.5″||n/a||n/a|