Summary: Wilson Combat’s description, specs, pricing, photos and user ratings for its Contemporary Classic pistol.
In 2011, Wilson Combat will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the gun that helped build our company and the American genius that invented it, John Moses Browning. Designed in a time when electricity was still new and automobiles were a rare sight, the 1911 is a true engineering masterpiece that has not only withstood the test of time, but also evolved into what many consider the ultimate fighting pistol.
Using the same materials Browning would have used in his era such as forged and billet machined carbon steels, select walnut for grips and painstakingly hand-finished bone charcoal blue from Doug Turnbull, Wilson Combat has built a modern version of what Browning might have originally envisioned with his 1911: the Wilson Combat Contemporary Classic.
Limited to 100 serial numbered pieces in 2011, the Contemporary Classic is hand crafted with turn-of-the-century materials and finish-with many Wilson enhanced performance options to suit the modern shooter. Custom features abound, and they all have a practical purpose: fine checkering fore and aft for enhanced grip, better sights with a gold bead insert front blade, and better ergonomic controls like a beavertail grip safety that will make this an easier pistol to shoot well than an original, especially for more than a handful of rounds. A fine presentation case is included to protect and display your investment.
Browning’s original features still remain, such as an integral lanyard loop attachment for field use, a flat mainspring housing and a long, steel trigger. We added our carry cuts to the front of the slide in deference to Browning’s second greatest handgun design, the GP-35 or Hi-Power, a feature that gives the slide a distinctive silhouette and enables easy holstering. You will also note the “JMB” initials and unique serial number, our lasting tribute to the maestro on every gun.
- A full-size carbon steel frame;
- a unique serial number series (JMB001 thru JMB100);
- 30 LPI high-cut checkering on the frontstrap;
- a High-Ride Bullet Proof beavertail grip safety;
- a Tactical Bullet Proof thumb safety;
- a 3.5-3.75 lb. crisp trigger pull;
- a contoured magazine well;
- a lanyard loop mainspring housing;
- a Bullet Proof magazine release;
- presentation French walnut double-diamond grips;
- a 5” carbon steel slide;heavy machine chamfer on the bottom of the slide;
- a Battlesight with a gold bead front sight;
- a 5” carbon steel match grade, hand-fit barrel and bushing;
- 30 LPI slide-top serrations;
- 40 LPI serrations on the rear of the slide;
- carry cut/ball endmill cuts;
- charcoal blue by Doug Turnbull;
- a letter of authenticity; and
- a walnut presentation box.
|.45 ACP||8+1||8.7″||5″||5.6″||1.3″||36.6 oz. unloaded|
[ds query=’+Wilson +Combat +Contemporary +Classic’]