Users’ Rating (Click a star to rate this gun.)
Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings for the Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special pistol.
Wilson Combat‘s Hackathorn Special is a 1911-style semiauto pistol built on a full-size carbon steel frame with a carbon steel slide, and chambered in .45 ACP, .38 Super or 9mm. The company says renowned practical pistol shooter Ken Hackathorn designed the pistol with his preferred options.
Its other features include:
- A 30 LPI high-cut checkered frontstrap;
- a Concealment Bullet Proof beavertail grip safety and hammer;
- a heavy machine chamfer on the slide’s bottom;
- a fluted chamber;
- a countersunk slide stop;
- a flush cut and reverse crown;
- a medium-length trigger;
- ball endmill cuts;
- black G10, starburst, flat-bottom grips;
- a Bullet Proof tactical thumb safety;
- a 3.75–4 lb. crisp trigger pull;
- a Bullet Proof magazine well;
- a Bullet Proof magazine release;
- a Battlesight rear sight;
- a fiber-optic front sight;
- a stainless steel match-grade barrel and bushing, hand fit;
- 30 LPI slide-top serrations; and
- 40 LPI serrations on the slide’s rear.
Each pistol features Hackathorn’s signature and logo on the slide. Wilson Combat says the only allowed upgrades include an ambidextrous safety, a choice of front sight and a deluxe hand-polish blued finish.
|.45 ACP||8+1||5″||8.7″||5.6″||1.3″||35.6 oz empty, 44 oz. loaded|
|.38 Super, 9mm||n/a||5″||8.7″||5.6″||1.3″||35.6 oz empty, 44 oz. loaded|