Summary: The manufacturer’s description, specs, photo, pricing and user ratings for the Wilson Combat Hunter pistols.
Wilson Combat says its .460 Rowland Hunter is a hunting weapon built on the 1911 platform.
The pistol begins with a frame CNC machined from a hammer-forged block of American steel. Wilson Combat pairs that with a super accurate 5.5″ heavy stainless match barrel, its crisp trigger, and 30 years of 1911 know-how. The Hunter is almost a half-inch slimmer than a typical large-caliber revolver, with an easy carrying flat profile. All the controls—safety, magazine release, and trigger—are easily reached and manipulated without changing your firing grip. It utilizes a special seven-round magazine, with one in the chamber you have 8 rounds to stop your quarry. Plus, it only takes a couple of seconds to drop the empty mag, pop in a full one, and get back down to business with seven more rounds.
The .460 Rowland Hunter comes with our reliable and durable Lo-Mount adjustable rear sight. The company says it tested the Hunter with 185-, 200- and 230-grain bullets, and all shot essentially the same point-of-impact.
Follow-up shots are quick and target acquisition is rapid due to the high-ride beavertail grip safety. It promotes a high grip and positions your hand as close to the plane of the barrel as possible to minimize muzzle flip and felt recoil. The long 6 7/8″ sight radius assures you excellent shot placement—and is .75″ inch longer than a S&W 629 with a 4″ barrel—but the overall length of the Hunter remains .25″ shorter and the empty weight is the same.
For low-light shooting, the Hunter is equipped with Crimson Trace laser grips for precise shot placement in even the most difficult conditions.
Wilson Combat says CorBon is offering some great factory hunting loads for the Hunter at fair prices so you won’t be forced to hand-load unless you want to.
Other features include:
- Hammer: #337B Ultralight
- Grip Safety: #298B High Ride Beavertail
- Ejector: #34 Extended
- Thumb Safety: #6BN Extended Tactical
- Trigger: #190 Ultralight Crisp 3 1/2#-3 3/4# pull
- Magazine Well: Handfit and contoured
- Feed Ramp: Polish and bbl. throated
- Magazine Release: #31T Extended Tactical
- Checkering: Frontstrap has High Cut 30LPI, and the Flat Main Spring Housing has 30LPI
- Grips: Crimson Trace Lasergrips
- Sights: #428 Lo-Mount adjustable (rear) and ramp (front)
- Extractor: Polish and Adjust Bullet Proof
- Ejection Port: Lower & Flare Back
- Springs: #26 Firing Pin Spring; #10G17 HD Recoil & Shok-Buff
- Guide Rod: #25G full length w/plug
- Barrel: 5.5″ heavy cone barrel w/supported chamber, hand fit
- Fitting: Custom fit slide/frame rails
- Serrations: Cocking serrations on front and rear of slide
Finish & Extras
- De-horned for carry
- Armor Tuff black slide, gray frame
- Two #47C seven-round magazines
- Instructional video and color manual
- #146 Nylon Pistol Rug
- Test fire and zero
|.460 Rowland, 10mm||7+1||5.5″||9.2″||5.5″||1.4″||39.7 oz (empty)|
MSRP: $4,100 (base price)
[ds query=’+Wilson +Combat +Hunter’]