Wilson Combat‘s Protector Compact is a 1911-style, officer-size semiauto pistol built on either a stainless steel frame or an aluminum alloy frame, and chambered in .45 ACP or 9mm. Other features include:
- An accessory rail;
- a 4″ carbon steel slide with a heavy machine chamfer on the bottom, 30 LPI serrations on top, 40 LPI rear serrations, front and rear cocking serrations, and carry cuts;
- 4″ stainless steel, match-grade, fluted cone barrel, flush cut and reverse crowned;
- a fluted chamber;
- 30 LPI high-cut frontstrap checkering;
- a Bullet Proof round-butt magazine well;
- a High-Ride Bullet Proof beavertail grip safety;
- a tactical Bullet Proof thumb safety;
- a 3.5–4.5 lb. crisp trigger pull with a medium-length pad;
- a Bullet Proof magazine release;
- G10 Starburst grips with black medallions;
- a countersunk slide stop;
- a Battlesight rear sight; and
- a fiber optic front sight.
Wilson guarantees 1.5″ accuracy at 25 yards.
Note: Wilson Combat still offers its Protector California model pistol. It began producing the Protector California several years ago, and its specs differ significantly to the Protector series pistols the company launched in 2015. Check it out at the above link.
|.45 ACP||7+1||4″||7.6″||5.1″||1.3″||n/a (empty, steel frame); 28.2 oz. (empty, alloy frame)|
|9mm||8+1||4″||7.6″||5.1″||1.3″||n/a (empty, steel frame); 28.2 (empty, alloy frame)|
MSRP: $3,875 (.45 ACP)
MSRP: $3,985 (9mm)
[ds query=’+Wilson +Combat +Protector +Compact’]