Users’ RatingSummary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, photo, pricing and user ratings info for the Wilson Combat Stealth pistols.
Executives, professionals in all walks of life and others who carry daily asked for a Wilson Combat 1911 in a package even smaller than our Professional series with the excellent recovery characteristics and accuracy offered by our innovative heavy cone barrel. The SDS is the answer we provided. It includes the best of several of our models, enhanced with a 4 1/16” version of the hand-fit, heavy flanged cone match grade barrel pioneered on our Tactical Elite, and a frame shortened by ½” with a seven-round capacity. The slide length is reduced by a full inch from a standard length 1911, giving you a speed advantage in target acquisition with the shorter sighting plane.
The SDS shares many of the features of The Tactical Elite and Elite Professional besides the barrel design; e.g., an extended ejector, our Combat Tactical tritium insert sighting system, skeletonized ultra light hammer, and ultra light trigger, etc. Details such as the fit of parts, polishing and throating of the barrel, beveling the magazine well, lowering and flaring the ejection port, and tuning of the extractor are critical and receive the attention necessary to assure complete performance.
Control for recovery shots is enhanced with a high-cut front strap, and 30 lpi checkering on both the front strap and flat mainspring housing, and our High-Ride Beavertail grip safety.
The Stealth is completely dehorned and finished with the toughest coating available: Wilson Combat’s Armor-Tuff, in your choice of a single or contrasting colors for the slide and frame.
Other features include:
- All carbon-steel construction;
- a single-side narrow thumb safety;
- a High-Ride beavertail grip safety, with raised Posi-Release tab;
- standard Cocobolo grips; and
- a padded pistol rug (soft case) with Wilson Combat logo and an outside flap-covered storage for seven additional magazines on one side and two 6.5”x6.5”x1.5” zippered, padded pockets on the other side.
- Hammer: #337B Ultralight
- Grip Safety: #298B High Ride Beavertail
- Ejector: #34 Extended
- Thumb Safety: #6BN Extended Tactical
- Trigger: #190 Ultralight, crisp 3.5–3.75 lb. pull
- Magazine Well: Handfit and contoured
- Feed Ramp: Polish and .bbl throated
- Magazine Release: #31T Extended Tactical
- Checkering: Frontstrap – High Cut 30LPI, Flat Main Spring Housing – 30LPI
- Grips: #351 series, specify wood
- Sights: #463 Tactical Combat Pyramid
- Extractor: Polish and Adjust Bullet Proof
- Ejection Port: Lower & Flare Back
- Springs: #26 Firing Pin Spring; #10G17 HD Recoil & Shok-Buff
- Guide rod: full length w/reverse plug
- Barrel: heavy flanged cone match grade
- Fitting: Custom fit slide/frame rails
- Serrations: Cocking serrations on rear of slide
Finish & Extras
- De-horned for carry
- Two seven-round magazines
- Instructional video and color manual
- #146 nylon pistol rug
- Test fire and zero
|.45 ACP||7+1||4.1″||7.7″||5.2″||1.3″||35.3 oz (empty)|
|.38 Super, 9mm||9+1||4.1″||7.7″||5.2″||1.3″||35.3 oz (empty)|
MSRP: $3,535 (base price)
[ds query=’+Wilson +Combat +Stealth’]